Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Self-actualization need..

Am I content with what I have?
Must I be?
Can I achieve a lot more?
Sure, why not?
Yes, I will go ahead.. Reach all I can.
Only then would I taste the true fruits of triumph.

I stumble upon this word roughly an year ago. But understood it just 2-3 days back when I had a second encounter with it. And since then ponder over it is what I seem to be do.
The phrase means. “The need to be everything one is capable of becoming”. In other words, “exploiting all your capabilities”. In yet different way, “realize your capabilities and go ahead to achieve whatever, I repeat ‘whatever’ you can.”
This need is one of the chief keys to success. Only 10-15% of people have this need. The requisite skill, high ambitions, and the essential desire to proceed towards their chosen path are a deadly combination. That is what makes one booming, victorious.

“Let me realize what I am good at, and show this to the world too. Let us all be like this.”


p.s.:This post is an old one.. I had written in sometime back.. back when i was with my previous blog...Yet i chose to publish it again out here.. I still feel exactly the same about this !

4 Comments:

Blogger Akshay V said...

Be jack of all trades and master of some.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish there were a copyright to blog names also. Ours clash :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Smartmind said...

how do u knw but when have u reached ur limits.. the prob is of realisation and satisfaction and greed and lust and further self.. well how do u knw that ur capaboilities dont drive u to a level of all time hunger for no and no self containment..?? think about it.. its a very relative term,, should one try to be content with oneself or try more and if more then when to stop .. and if no stop then its a maze we get into..

whats the purpose of this if we have no goal to attain as this wish and exploration wudnt end ever and instead of getting us on top its gets us crazy..??


anyways a very nice comment.. and well post more.. atleast we get to knw abt u ... naa

Ankur

4:32 PM  
Blogger smilingricha said...

i wud like to reply to ankur..

well bro, it depends on u and ur ability to know urself. if u know dt u can do something, GO for it ! self-actualisaiton doesnt mean dt u start questioning urself n then ultimately get lost in a maze. its very simple.. know wat u wanna do, n do it ! do not leave any of ur quality unexploited. obv, tht quality has to be known to u urself prior to when u take such a step.
Human beings are a remarkable character.. n nothing is impossible to achieve. but dt doesnt make us lost. rather, dt drives us to constantly improve ourselves.. to make us a better peson.. to make this world a better plac to live in. Self-containment arises wen u find u have accomplished something. now u goona further quest ! wats wrong in dt ? life is a journey after all.. not a destination. if u start feeling dis is the end, i have achieved watever i wanted to.. well, lyf ends ryt there !! its meant to be lived.. n unless n untill u havea passiion for something.. u dun really live ur lyf.. u r just somehow surviving on oxygen !!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home